[pct-l] altimeters and topo software

I've had experience with Casio, the Pathfinder. And it's horrible. Mine's from 96, so they might have omproved things.
* Battery lasts at most 9 months, even when not using the altimeter much). Supposed to last 18.
* Have to send in the watch to Casio to change batteries. Some stores might handle it. But I haven't found one. Pretty inconvenient on the trail.
* Mine has been replaced once. Broke down completely.

Except for that - it works. Were fairly happy with mine the first 9-10 months before I started getting problems. Menues are pretty good.
BUT - Suunto has looked at Casio, then basically improved on everything (except the menues). So, get a Suunto. Not perfect either, but much better!

Svein