[pct-l] camera

Used a Pentax Zoom 160 on most of my thruhike. Worked
without problems. Good enough exposure for even slides
to come out mostly ok. You can also get a remote for
it which is convenient. Zoom 38-160mm which give quite
good tele effect althoug with a small aperture. Not
the lightest model, but that's what you sacrifice with
good zoom range.
You can get a refurbished one for $160 at
http://www.theeconozone.com/econozone/pen16030rolf.html
Regular price is more in the 250-300 range. 270 at
Amazon.

If I were shopping today I'd probably gor for a model
with 28-xxx zoom. 28 wideangle is more useful than the
160 tele in most situations.
Canon, Olympus and Pentax all makes models like
Pentax IQZoom 105SW
Pentax IQZoom 120SW
Olympus Stylus Zoom 80 Wide DLX

I'd probably end up with the Pentax IQZoom 120SW.

Svein