[pct-l] pacific coast trail?

>wow! thousands hike the pacific COAST trail?  funny,
>i've heard it mentioned before, but didn't know so
>many people used it.  is it anything like the pacific
>CREST trail?

No, it's lower.  :-)

Actually, there's an attempt to make such a trail, at least
along the California Coast.  Check it out:
    http://isbn.nu/0939431181
    Hiking the California Coastal Trail
     (Volume One:  Oregon to Monterey)
     Bob Lorentzen & Richard Nichols

Co-published by "Bored Feet" (Mendocino), and
Coastwalk (Sebastopol).

I've had the book for a year or two but haven't really
studied it too much.   I get the impression that there's a
heck of a lot of road-walking involved.

Oh, cool.  Looks like volume two exists now:
    http://isbn.nu/093943119X

The good news is that it's mostly bear-free, except a teeny
bit up near Crescent City.

And then there's the *West Coast Trail*, but that's only
a few tens of miles along the coast of Vancouver Island.
On my list to do, someday...

    --- Off Topic Again...
    --- Doug