[pct-l] Re:Bicycles on the Pct

I noticed that I had a live and let live attitude when I encountered bikes
on the trail just before Mt. Laguna.By the time I reached N.Calif. my
tolerance was almost nonexistant.But for the sometimes
ambivalent signage,I would have blocked the trail and declared it only for
those men and women with hair on thier legs.
My Question is are there any parts of the pct open to bikes?And how much
trouble would I be in for throwing one of them motorcycle fellers over the
side?             Rogue