[pct-l] Pacific Northwest Thruhikers

Several weeks ago I mentioned on the list that I was hosting a small =
get-together for people in the northwest who were planning PCT thruhikes =
or major section hikes this year. That gathering was last Saturday =
night. Despite snowy and rainy weather around the region we had a nice =
turnout.

There were 8 of us planning thruhikes for this year, one who thruhiked =
last year, one who intends to thruhike sometime in the future, and one =
who intends to hike from Campo to Cascade Locks, and two very supportive =
spouses. Our mini-gathering was held at my home in Portland. There were =
two people up from Corvallis, one down by train from Seattle, a couple =
from Puyallup, WA, and one brave woman drove all the way from Wenatchee, =
WA, in nasty weather, and drove back Saturday night so she could be at =
work Sunday morning! In addition, there were 6 local thruhikers here.

To those who expressed an interest but could not make it good luck on =
your trips. I hope I see you out there!

Thanks again to those who did make it. It was an intimate get-together =
with lots of camaraderie. I know I enjoyed it immensely. I got to burn =
off a lot of nervous energy putting it together. I know it will be very =
special indeed when I encounter each of you out on the trail this year!  =

I can hardly wait until we have a reunion get-together next fall, one =
with pictures and memories instead of books and high expectations. Best =
of luck to all in all your adventures!

Lee Rossman

~>^..^<

multipart/alternative