[pct-l] Stove rambling by a snow bound has been!!

In a message dated 3/18/02 7:36:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Montedodge@aol.com writes:

<< take a large coffee can which is 6" diameter and cut down to 3 inches
tall.
 Then make a 3" hole in top lid( similar to Roy's stove design) Next, cut 8
 V'shaped vents along bottom for fresh air. Now use a large tuna or Chicken
 can in middle with 8 holes from can opener along top facing out ( Just like
 Roy's stove) I then used 4 empty 357 magnum cases laying sideways on top of
 coffee can so flame had reach pot bottom and exhaust out. ( I didn't have
any
 insulation , but it still worked well anyway) The whole thing is still light
 and would make a great group stove for 3 or 4 folks. >>

Hey Monte.  Sounds like a success!  I've made a couple larger stoves that
worked well, but not that large.  ... I wonder just how big you could make
one of these things?  Let's see, take one 55-gallon drum....