[pct-l] TeamTripleCrown

I just got off the phone with Fiddlehead.  He and Pieps will be starting the
PCT, heading north from Campo tomorrow!

They finished New Mexico only a few days ago and completed the entire AT
about a month ago, doing that trail in 119 days, starting Oct. 14th.
Basically a van supported hike (with an occasional overnighter) they ran into
lots of snow on the northern side of Mount Taylor testing out their new skis.
 Icy at first, Pieps broke a ski when they hit powder, and both of them got
stuck on the mountain, unable to reach their van.  Without carrying any
overnight gear they were forced to spend a very cold night outdoors in only
their clothing and resorted to fire to help keep them warm until the next
morning.

Of course their main concern right now is reaching the Sierras too early, but
Fiddlehead said they'd be continuing on a northbound hike, choosing their
method of travel once they got there.  During their traverse of the Sierra,
it's obvious they wont be able to rely on van support.

Seems to me they'll be hitting snow during and after this month and for
months on end after, which only adds to the adventure!

For more, check out:  www.triplecrownoneyear.com

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html