[pct-l] Giardiasis

In a message dated 3/15/02 8:01:58 AM, Bighummel@aol.com writes:

<< "Perceptions thrust upon us by those sort of bright scientists who
brilliantly tunnel focus on only one spot on a problem, die hard."

Oops, looks like I gave the impression that I was attacking the scientist
that said it was okay to drink wilderness water untreated. Au Contrarie! I
was attacking those who said the water was unsafe to drink because a
minuscule amount (1/3 that of San Francisco drinking water) was found in some
lakes without considering other factors. I have never used a filter. A whole
slew of people have told me that I am reckless and are just waiting for the
day that they can say, "I told you so." Now I intend to print out that
article and wave it under their ignorant noses, saying "I told you the water
was safe." Ah but why bother. Nothing will convince them. What a shame. I get
to drink some of the purist water on Earth without fear,  while they are
convinced the exact same water will poison them if not treated