[pct-l] Pink Motel

When I was at the Pink Motel last year I do not remember seeing anyone's resupply box there.  You have to realize the Pink Motel is just a couple of structures (trailerhomes) that are not next to any houses.  They are set off a bit from the rest of the houses in the area on the edge of the desert.  The Pink Motel is owned by a very nice and generous couple by the name of Helen and Don Middleton.  They live near the Motel and can see the trail and the Pink Motel from their home and often look out in the latter part of the day to see if any hikers are heading there.  The area they live in is called White Water, CA and as best I can tell it is simply a housing community without any services such as stores or post offices.  What the Pink Motel is, is an Oaisis in what for me was one of the most brutal stretches of trail on the PCT.  First you drop from near 9,000 ft to 1,500 and aditionally it was 115 degrees in the shade.  Then you need to cross San Gragornio Pass which is a near level desert environment with often strong relentless winds.  The Pink Motel had potable water, a hose to wash up and a place to sleep out of the wind.  In other words a Godsend.

Jack PCT 01