[pct-l] Ankle rash after hiking

There have been some good suggestions already.  Here's a couple more...

It could also be the detergent she's using.  Just sitting around may not
make her sensitive to it, but the fabric rubbing against her skin while
exercising could be enough.  Have her try one of the "free" detergents with
no scents or dyes.

Is the rash itchy or painful?

If it is an allergy to something, she could also try taking a antihistimine
(non-drowsy, perhaps) before she starts the hike to see if that prevents the
problem or reduces the severity.

Mara