[pct-l] Re: border crossing ID

Hi there, I sent a message about this just a few weeks ago but the question
has come up again and there are some different answers floating around.  I
live right by the border in Canada and have to cross it every now and then.
The official rules now are that you need TWO pieces of id that state where
you are from and one of them has to state where you were born.  This means a
passport or birth certificate.  The other piece should be a drivers licence.
In the past just a drivers licence was fine and that is probably why some
people still think that is ok, but if you show up at the border with only
that then they will definitely hassle you and there is a good chance that
they will not let you in.  I have heard stories of people having to wait days
to have a birth certificate sent to them so that they could cross.  You might
get lucky and have a friendly customs officer, but I wouldn't risk it.
It's all about the illusion of safety.  We all know that terrorists and other
criminals can't get more than one piece of fake ID ( insert sarcasm ).

Gretzky '97