[pct-l] Virus alert-

There is a new e-mail circulating that mimics the look and feel of a
Microsoft Security Alert.

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: Windows Systems only. Microsoft never sends patches via
e-mail. Delete any "Alerts" that include an attachment.

 From the Symantec site:
W32.Gibe@mm is a worm that uses Microsoft Outlook and its own SMTP engine
to spread. This worm arrives in an email message--which is disguised as a
Microsoft Internet Security Update--as the attachment Q216309.exe.

Details:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.gibe@mm.html

NOTE: you cannot get this from any email sent through this list (due to
strip mime removing attachments), but I have rec'd a copy from an IP
address that make me think a list member is infected. Be careful out there,
and maybe think about not using the mail client with the worlds worst
security: Outlook
--
Brick Robbins                       mailto:brick@fastpack.com