[pct-l] (Guest Post) Lipsmackin' Vegetarian Backpackin'

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Christine Conners  <trailrecipes@fuse.net>.
* Please use <mailto:trailrecipes@fuse.net> to reply to the sender.

Hi!

My name is Christine Conners. My husband, Tim, and I are the authors of Lipsmackin’ Backpackin’: Lightweight Trail-Tested Recipes for Backcountry Trips.  For those of you who may not be familiar with the book, Lipsmackin’ Backpackin’ is a collection of recipes from long distance backpackers.

We recently signed a contract with Globe-Pequot Press to write a sequel to the first book. This second book will be based on the format and layout of the first, but this time the book will be filled exclusively with vegetarian recipes!  We are currently soliciting recipes for this second book in the categories of dinners, lunch/snacks, breakfast, drinks and desserts.  You can send your recipe either via the e-mail, through our website, or snail mail - all listed below.

Tim and I donate 25% of our pre-tax royalties from Lipsmackin' Backpackin' to the Pacific Crest Trail Association. We will also be donating 25% of the royalties for the life of our new book to a designated National Scenic Trail association. This time, however, we’d like our contributors to designate the association by telling us who they’d like to receive the donations. Each recipe that makes it into the books will count as one point towards the trail of your choice.  In addition, all contributors whose recipes are included in the book will be recognized in the text and receive a free copy of Lipsmackin’ Vegetarian Backpackin’, courtesy of Globe-Pequot Press!

Brian Robinson, the backpacker famous for completing the entire “Triple Crown” in 2002, was our first contributor, so we're already off to a great start!

Thanks so much for your help!

Christine Conners
5951 Gaines Road
Cincinnati, OH  45247