[pct-l] Vaude Packs

Hi PT,

I don't have any experience with the specific pack you're referring
to. I do have a Vaude daypack, which came free with a subscription to
an outdoor mag. It's done incredibly well. I take it not only on
hikes, but truly everywhere. It's starting to show a little wear and
tear, but otherwise it's doing well. I have also used a bigger pack
for longer hikes. It did OK, although it never felt as comfortable as
the Lowe Alpine Crossbow that I bought later. It has a bit of a
curious way of attaching the frame to the pack. It had several screws
that attached the internal frame to the back padding and the shoulder
straps. I never felt it, but at a certain point one of the screws
came loose. I never found it and field-repairing the pack was no fun.
It still worked, but was a little crooked and did not really fit me
very well any more. The packs might be a little on the heavy side. In
general, Vaude makes good stuff. You see a lot of tents of Vaude in
Europe too, but I always thought them a little heavy too. Maybe Matti
can tell you more. In his country Vaude is almost THE standard...

Saskia