[pct-l] PCT in the Winter!!

   Had a great weekend on the PCT !!! Several thru-hikers ( Tripod, Dawn,
Fallingwater and Bluefoot from 2000 and Jen from 1999) snowshoed or skied up
to Sand Lake Shelter on the PCT North of White Pass. Weather was perfect with
no clouds or wind and tons of sun. Sand Lake shelter hadn't been used at all
this winter and is a bit tricky to find. Finally found it as it was just a
lump on snow. We dug 5 feet just to get below roof line and  were soon inside
. ( About 15 feet of snow at 5,200ft. Sand Lake) Had 8 hikers inside for the
night and it was warm as toast with all the insultion of heavy snow.  This
was truely one of the greatest winter trips I've had. ( Great friends and
weather, tough combo to beat!!!) Monte

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---