From: Bighummel@aol.com [mailto:Bighummel@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 8:59 AM
To: john@rompel.org; pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Ice Axe -- Forrester Pass

John,

The years 2000 and 2001 were both below normal snow years in the Sierra.
Both years had early meltoffs also without any late significant snow storms.

Your timing was good.  Future thru-hikers may not be that lucky, persceptive

or wise should they leave the ice axe at home.

YMMV,

Greg "Strider" Hummel