From: david osborne [mailto:dmosborne@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 6:49 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] GPS and Guidebooks

Hello All:

id here.

I plan on using the two guidebooks as my source of maps during my 2002
thruhike.  However, the lat/longs have been cut off to save space.  If I
bring along a gps, how will it help me if I'm lost?  Without a map that has
coordinates on it, it seems like a gps would be pretty useless.  If anyone
out there has figured a way around this problem, please post it.

Thanks.

id
dmosborne@hotmail.com