[pct-l] PCT Risks

HI ALL,

    MHO /. my 2¢:

    Life always has risks whether one is simply staying home, riding in an
airliner, or backpacking. About the only place we approach no risk is in the
grave. Some people can evade or avoid taxes; don't know of anyone who can avoid
death.

    My guess is that more backpackers die in automobiles going to/from the
trailheads than die on the trail. I've got no statistics; just my guess. My
approach is to take what in my opinion are reasonable precautions; then not
worry about it (as best I can). I've decided I'll not live my life in avoiding
death. Course, neither will I skydive. :-)