[pct-l] Sunday February 24th Full Moon Hike

Night Hikers,

We will be doing a night hike this Sunday (full moon is on Wednesday) in
Topanga Canyon. The hike will start at
Trippet Ranch and we will go up to Eagle Rock via Musch trail and the
fire road. We will return on the fire road. Total distance is about 4
miles.

If you want to car pool from the South Bay, we meet near the South Bay
Galleria in Torrance, at the Park and Ride lot in front of Levitz
Furniture (on Kingsdale Ave). Please meet there by 3:45 so we can arrange
car pools. We will leave from there at 4:00pm sharp!!

If you want to meet us at Trippet Ranch, we should be there about 5:00,
traffic permitting, and be hiking by 5:15 or soon after. Park outside the
entrance on the road or your car will get locked in for the night!

Take the 10 Santa Monica Freeway to Pacific Coast Highway, travel north
to Topanga Canyon Boulevard and turn right, pass the post office at the
center of "town," then turn right on Entrada Road. Keep to the left at
every opportunity until you reach the park's main parking lot (about one
mile). From the Ventura Freeway (101), exit at Topanga Canyon Boulevard,
drive south over the crest of the mountains and proceed three miles to
Entrada Road and turn left.

Hope to see you Sunday afternoon.

Vic Hanson
310-787-7245

Below is some information about Topanga State Park.

Located in the cliffs and canyons of the Santa Monica Mountains, Topanga
State Park features 36 miles of trails through open grassland, live oaks
and spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean. The park is located entirely
within the Los Angeles city limits and is considered the world’s largest
wildland within the boundaries of a major city. More than 11,000 acres of
land are preserved in the park. Excellent recreational opportunities for
hikers as well as mountain bikers (restricted to fire roads) and
equestrians. The park is bound on the south by Pacific Palisades and
Brentwood, on the west by Topanga Canyon, and on the east by Rustic
Canyon. Numerous geologic formations can be found in the park, including
earthquake faults, marine fossils, volcanic intrusions, and a wide
variety of sedimentary formations.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---