[pct-l] (Guest Post) Water Treatment - Clorox

In a message dated 2/18/02 12:05:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
spiritbear2k@hotmail.com writes:

> Given the facts you presented (that you got giardia - regardless of the
> circumstances?), the bottom line is - the Clorox failed.  As it has at
> other
> times and places for other people.  Which is why I don't use it.

There is a water purification kit available commercially. It was primarily
developed for use in underdeveloped or Third World countries. But, it doesn't
use laundry-grade chlorine; it uses chlorine crystals and then hydrogen
peroxide to neutralize the taste.

I don't have the name of the company right now ... one might search the web
and see what they find.

My hiking partner used it in camp (to treat 12 quarts of water each evening)
along the JMT in '96. We had no problems develop during or after our hike.

Use Clorox in your town stops (for whitening your clothes).

Charlie

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---