[pct-l] permit check

In a message dated 2/18/02 7:45:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
brawny03@yahoo.com writes:

> "Do you want to see my permit?" I asked

When we hiked the JMT in July/Aug '96, we were asked for a permit on three
different occasions. It was "the season" on a high-use trail, so that
explains it.

In a different year, on a section hike from Sonora Pass to Tuolumne Meadows,
we were asked for our permit after hiking the 76.4 miles. We could see the
highway from where we were checked. I wonder what they would have done if we
had not had a permit? Send us back to our car? That's where we were headed
when they stopped us.

Charlie

multipart/alternative
  text/html