[pct-l] How long to do initial shopping ??

Saskia, your comment "Ramen is edible at the start of your trip. After four
weeks it - as
we say over here - comes out of your nose! Noodles with a very very
high dose of salt and soupy stuff. I never hated any food as much as
ramen at the end of the trip" reminded me of our experiment with hummus
(ground garbanzo beans/chickpeas, seasoned with various spices, often
cumin) - in '94, after it was recommended to us by a fellow hiker.  We
bought more than we needed - and I still can't look at hummus, much less eat
it.  Choking down that stuff was an ordeal.

But good dry salami - I can still enjoy that any time!

Christine