[pct-l] Weird stuff to carry

I carried a full size steel string guitar down Havasu Canyon in 1982. =
The same year I carried a full size nylon string guitar on a 42 mile =
backpack trip in the extremely rugged Santa Catalina Mountains outside =
Tucson.

Done cantaloupes and heads of lettuce plenty. Carried pineapples into =
the Ruwenzori Mountains in Uganda.

But the craziest (stupidest?) was to carry a doobie to the summit of Mt. =
Kilimanjaro, 19,340 feet. I fired it up too. But I didn't work it very =
long; one ceremonious puff and into the abyss, accompanied by the =
traditional shout, and ancient ritual from my high school days.

Oh to be that young and stupid again!

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---