From: bill blovis [mailto:blovis@lycos.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 11:35 AM
To: Matti Urlaß; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net; Tom Rogers
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Snowpeak

Tom said about his Snowpeak canister stove:

>It has performed very well: relaiable,
>lightweight, easy to use, simmers all
>night.  I normeally cook one meal a day.
>At that rate a small 110 gm cannister
>lasts 7 to 10 days.

It's definitely lightweight and easy to use, but reliability becomes an
issue if you use a standard solid aluminum wind-screen.

Canister stoves tend to get really, really hot, and, if you add a wind
screen to mix, you can melt the little plastic thingy that shuts off the
fuel flowing the canister.

A friend of mine had this happen twice over the course of his thru-hike.
Snowpeak suggests a perforated wind screen, rather than the standard, solid
screen.

FYI.

Check out Cupid School where you will learn from Matchmaker's
best and brightest. Good Luck!

http://ecard.matchmaker.com/cupid0202/cupid0202.html