[pct-l] Primus multi-fuel

<< there is althoug a new model I havend tested now
 It's a snow peak perhaps a bit expensive around 200$
 but they say that you do not have to preaheat it!
 Should we belive that, I dont know. >>

A hiker showed me his Snow Peak and it looks like a fine little stove, though
I haven't tried it.  (Kind of pricey, but you don't have to carry matches.)
Others who preheat their stoves often carry a little squirt bottle of alcohol
to do that.

For those who haven't been long on this list, class of '02, at least take a
look at the available homemade alcohol stoves as an alternative to spending
your good money and carrying more ounces than you may need to.

While the CatStove is the best performer and easiest to make (Well, of
course!  See: "http://royrobinson.homestead.com/Cat_Stove.html"; for building
instructions), the soda can and photon stoves are also good solutions for the
long distance hiker.  Any of these alcohol stoves will provide your hot
dinners for about 2 .8 oz of pack weight (for CatStove, stand, windscreen,
fuel bottle) plus a pint of fuel (<1 lb) per week.

I'm sorry that I will miss you all at the ADZ but if any listers are hiking
the AT this year, I'll be happy to show you my Cat!  Plan to start NOBO from
Springer Mountain in early April, with the crowd.  (Hey, if anyone is doing
that right-coast trail this year and wants company, please give me a note
off-list.)