[pct-l] Re: AOL Instant Communicator

FWIW, I have an AOL mobil communicator and it does not work at all
north of redding.  I am not sure where it picks up again.  ...perhaps
near medford.  I climbed shasta last year and had no luck north of
redding to Shasta.  I understand that the device works on cell phone
signals, os if you can't get a cell phone signal, you won't get AOL
signal.

I also didn't get a signal on Witney, or in death valley.

to get an idea of where you will get a signal, get a coverage map
from all cell phone carriers and see where the blank spots are.  You
could probably save yourself some weight by sending it in you drift
box most of the sierra and other remote places.

good luck!

peace,
dude
This E-Mail was sent with Webmail from http://www.echostation.com.
However, Echo Station, NovaTech Web Services, or any other affiliated
company take no responsibility for the content or appropriateness of
any email sent utilizing this service.