[pct-l] Re: debit card?

In a message dated 2/9/02 2:05:23 PM, dave@asprey.net writes:

<< I think cash AND a credit card (or debit card tied to a full account) are
both good to carry.
 When I got to VVR my credit card was denied. Peggy called them up via
satellite phone (no charge to me)! They said they were certain it had been
stolen because of various and sundry charges in out of the way places that
didn't fit any pattern known to creditors and/or computers. They told Peggy
to ask for my driver's license to prove my identity. Then they okayed the
transaction. These days who knows.  Customs might begin requiring a passport
or birth certificate.