[pct-l] Bear-resistant canister requirements (was Cannisters & bugs)

I agree with dave....  I go camping to get away from the beaurocracy
that I am forced to deal with everyday.  It kinda sucks that its now
following us into the wilderness.  Perhaps the next regulation will
require us to write and prepare extensive planning documentation and
carry a 500 page "wilderness manual" (another 10lbs) that will list
each of the requirements that we must obey while in the back country:
- bear cannisters in these locations
- bear boxes in those locations
- hanging is permitted here but not there
- no fires above 10,000 ft in this park
- no fires above 9,600 ft in that park
- permits required 90 days in advanced here
- same day permits allowed there
- no camping within 200ft of water or trails
- no camping within 1000ft of water/trails in this other area
- no over night camping in yet another area
- no rock climbing over there.
- no base jumping
- no pets (except pack animals, of course)
- no firearms
- pets on leashes are permitted in this other place.
- etc etc etc.......

freakin A!! ...I just want to go camping; as long as I take only
pictures, leave only footprints, and treat mother earth and those on
her with love and respect that enough for me.

peace,
dude

> Warning: Those on Prozac and others who abhor confrontation please
delete
> this post.
>     On canisters: You can lead a horse to water but you can't make
him drink.
> Where there's a will (to NOT comply) there's a way. Try a $20 bribe
or a fake
> I.D. Hey, just look at illegal immigration, the drug war and
speeding. And
> before you condemn me, do you ever break the speed limit,
especially the 20
> mph in a school zone? NOBODY gets a ticket for going 22, but you
ARE breaking
> the law and could potentially run over junior and live a life
wracked with
> guilt. Nothing compared to making a good bear go bad. So when y'all
comply
> with THAT law feel free to condemn me for keeping my food in my
tent. You
> know, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. (Gee
I'm
> beginning to sound like Dubya - ever notice that he only speaks
cliches?)
>   Think about it: You must have a canister but it's perfectly
> okay(enforcement- wise)  to not keep all your food in it. Might as
well be
> required to carry a 5 pound rock. Outlawing stealth camping by the
control
> freaks will be next ALA Europe.  They'll justify it with
a "potential damage