[pct-l] PCT 2002 Questions-Some answers

<< With fuel, I always like to error on the side of taking too much.

Especially when entering the Sierras.  I planned on taking about 7 to 9 days
to walk from Weldon, where the trail was at the foot of the Sierras a long
time ago, to Onion Valley and hitch out to Independence.  A freak late May
snow storm in the driest year in the last 40+ made that journey take 15 days.
 By then I had run out of almost all of my food and fuel and attitude!

Oh, and my parents thought I had died.  Silly worry worts!

Greg "Strider" Hummel