[pct-l] RE:Oregon in Mid May

In a message dated 1/31/02 11:38:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
scottie_wujcik@ex.cv.hp.com writes:

<< The bugs shouldn't be a problem.  The larger ones you
 can shoot (if you have a firearm for protection) the smaller ones will gang
 up on you and carry you off to become spring lunch. >>

While hiking through this area of the PCT in '99, a very nice young lady
offered me anything I wanted for my head net.  I didn't give her the headnet.

One of my very best experiences hiking that year was at Summit Lake, Oregon,
when I stayed under my mosquito netting while my son Brian pumped our dinner
water out of the lake.