[pct-l] Questions pretaining to my 2002 thru hike...

Hello Everyone, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mike and
I am hiking the PCT this year. I've been lurking on this post for about
three months, gathering all kinds of good info and advice. I've been on
three long distance trips in Colorado, all between 600 and 800 miles, so
I have a pretty good idea what I'm in for. I'm getting exited about the
journey, planning and calculating, and I have a few questions I'd like
to pose to this wonderful group of hikers.

My main concerning is transportation, either to the trail head, or
directly to the  ADZPCTKO, which I wish to attend on April 27th. Are
there anybody  near San Diego who is offering rides to the Kick Off? If
not, how feasible is public transportation? Can I take a bus to Lake
Morena? More than likely I will arrive on the Greyhound and would need
to make my way from the San Diego Greyhound bus terminal.

This next question is for PCT distance hikers who have used an alcohol
stove (cat food can stove) during thru-hikes. How readily available is
de-natured alcohol at resupply stops? I noticed that most stops have
hardware stores, where I assume I could purchase de-natured alcohol.
What about Lone Pine? Is there a hardware store there? I assume there
is, but would like confirmation. Also I noticed that there are a few
stretches around 250 miles or so, where it doesn't look like fuel will
be available at all. How much fuel should I carry for these long halls?
How much fuel should I plan on using each day? I've made a cat stove
which I used while backpacking in Hawaii, and the stove worked
wonderfully, but I never was out for more than a week, so fuel
consumption was not a concern. I'd guess I was using around 2 to 3
ounces a day. Also, I'd like to know what the best way to store this
fuel. In Hawaii I put my fuel in a 20oz. Gatorade bottle, which seemed
to work well, but I'm not entirely sure if this is safe or not. Should I
purchase a fuel bottle for white gas?

Another concern of mine is water in the desert, which I believe will be
addressed at the ADZPCTKO. (Thanks very much to Strider and everyone
else who is helping to organize this event!!)

Thanks in advance to everyone for helping me with these questions and
concerns.

Sincerely,
Michael Arbogast