[pct-l] A tent is born, well almost!

Tom ask >> Is there a no-see-um vent at the foot of the tent?  <<

There is a large No-See-Um netting window in the rear of the tent. It is
well protected but allows for good flow through ventilation.

>> Are the doors secured with zippers? <<

There are two zippers. One on the storm door and a second double zipper on
the main screen door.

>> Have you priced it yet and will you be taking advance orders? <<

Pricing won't be finalized until I've got final numbers from the
manufacturing and materials. The target price is for under $200. Exactly how
much is still unknown. Hopefully significantly under $200. My belief is that
going light on the back shouldn't mean heavy on the wallet.

This tent is being manufactured for two reasons.

1) To keep the cost down. They can sew them a lot cheaper than I can. Plus
I'd rather be hiking or designing other products than hunched over a sewing
machine.
2) To improve the quality. They have access to machinery I don't. This gives
you a better product at a lower cost.

However, to manufacture them, I've got to order in quantities. Higher
quantities both improve the quality and lower the price. I'm not taking
advanced orders, however I expect to have plenty of tents to meet initial
demands. There are a few folks in the queue who've been wanting a tent since
last September.

-Fallingwater