[pct-l] Map Question

I am a bit new to hiking.  I say a bit because I used to do it like
crazy when I was growing up.  That was 20 years ago.  My question has to
do with topo maps.  I see places all over the net about where to get
USGS maps.  A local friend of mine had a topo map from Geo-graphic that
looked pretty good.

My question is: Are there trail topo maps that are better than the usual
USGS maps?

If anyone has any other ideas for navigating I all ears.

Thanks,

James

multipart/alternative
  text/html