Subject: [pct-l] RE: Kinda Sick

Thank you for sharing that with us. I feel enlightened.

Anymore trail recipes?

Hope you feel better. :)

--

Re:  What's up with the kinda sick.  Hope to see you at the annual PCTA
meeting.

I wound up losing a ton of blood bleeding from the A$$ [and I'm not that
kinda guy]. My red blood count dropped from 15 to 8.3. At altitude I would
have been in a coma. I expect to make it to ADZPCTKO but I may not hike
much. I was hoping to hike 20-30 miles with my wife but that's not certain
now.

In general, I must say "getting old is a bitch". Obviously I will need to
carry a satelitte phone with me at all times now. There was absolutely no
warning about my condition and there was no likely solution other than death
if I had been at 9000 feet 15 miles from a trailhead. Kinda sobering don't
you think?

Tom