[pct-l] long winter type thoughts

My longtime friend from Whistler B.C. and I did 200 miles in late November
and
 early December a couple of years ago.
We went from Aqua Dulcie - to Walker Pass.
We had to have water stashed on the majority of the trail during that time.
Some we did
ahead with my car and some from other people.

It was really, really windy and was very  cold.  We tarp tented it and
manage
never to have the tarp come down, nor did it even look like it was going to
shred.  I wore
most of my clothes all the time.  I wished I had taken one heavier layer of
clothes.

We used the esbit stove the entire way.  Then pigged out in Mohave (our
resupply town). It never really snowed on us, however one morning getting
close to Walker Pass the tarp was covered
in a heavy frost, we thought it was snow.
It was a great time. (we were both in our early 70's at the time)

Marge (the old gal)