From: "Gerad Dean" <geraddean@hotmail.com>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 6:54 PM
Subject: [pct-l] safety gear.

> hello, i have a question for anybody who has completed a thru-hike in
previous years.  i am planning a thru-hike this year and am curious about
the type of stove you used, the type of water purification you used, and
what you included in you first aid kit.  why did you choose the items that
you did, and what kinds of problems did you encounter with your choices?
how would you do things differently next time?