[pct-l] Mt Jefferson Trip

 I took my son up on the PCT north from White Pass when he was young in
mid-june one year. He still remembers that trip so much, with a pained look
on his face saying, "Thanks Dad, I never want to hike again." He muddered
something about blanking bugs. Needless to say there were so many bugs ,they
sounded like a squadron of B-29's coming in. If you go to Jefferson in mid-to
late June or early July some years, take at least tarps with netting sewn
over open areas. ( Or  light tents) Jefferson is fairly bug free by the time
thru-hikers from the south see it in mid-aug. If you go late July, tarps may
work ,but if you go in mid-june with tarps only, your name will be cursed by
these boys for the next 50 years. ( Remember scout master so and so took us
on that God forsaken hike into Jefferson back in 02, the swelling didn't go
down for??) And  bring headnets!