[pct-l] Lone Pine restaurant/lodging opinions

Hello there. Just a quick note to see if anyone on the list had formed
strong opinions about motel and restaurant choices in Lone Pine. We'll be
coming out on Whitney Portal Road to 395 in July for some much needed town
time (a couple days, actually) and didn't have a clue on what the notorious
or celebrated local haunts were. In specific, if you have experience with
the Best Western Frontier or the Budget Inn (thru-hiker friendly?) I'd like
to hear it. On the restaurants, for a celebratory pig-out we saw Seasons (a
bit too upscale?), Pizza Factory and Margie's Merry-Go-Round (which we're
already inclined toward, just because of the name). All opinions
encouraged.

I know the list discussion has been very thru-hiker focused, so if this
section-hiker planning stuff is considered off-topic, pls. e-mail me
directly off-list. Thank you very much for your consideration.  See you on
the trail.

DP
David Plotnikoff
San Jose Mercury News