[pct-l] GPS

I thought I sent this info a couple days ago but there must have been a =
glitch.

I want to recommend a great book about GPS for anyone contemplating =
getting one, or for those who have one but don't really know how to get =
the most out of it.

It's called "GPS Land Navigation" by Michael Ferguson. It's easy to read =
and I really learned a lot about how maps are made and navigation in =
general.

Another handy book for just map and compass work is "Land Navigation =
Handbook" by W.S. Kals. The copy I have is from 1983 and has nothing =
about GPS. Perhaps there is a later edition that does. But it is =
thorough about map, altimeters, and compasses.

Happy hiking all!

Lee

multipart/alternative
  text/html