[pct-l] un-Washed clothes...

At 03:03 PM 1/14/02, Jeffrey Olson wrote:
>I was looking at my office window at the snow on the ground and dreaming
>of hiking when I remembered what a shock it was to smell my clothes
>after they had been washed after a week on the trail.

I was reading this message at my computer when I remembered the look of
shock on the tourist's faces when I got on the bus in Red's Meadow for the
ride up to Mammoth Lakes and they smelled me and my clothes. They moved to
the back of the bus, as far away from me as they could get. I didn't blame them

I had not bathed, or washed my clothes with soap since Walker Pass.

Since I was hiking on snow much of the time, breaking the ice and dipping
in the streams didn't seem like that good an idea. I didn't rinse out my
clothes because I wore all that I had most of the time.