[pct-l] G'day I'm new to the list

At 08:32 PM 1/13/02, Weygandt, Renae wrote:
>  If it does indeed turn out to be a big snow year, can anyone recommend
>some good books, sites that I can look at for advice on how to use crampons.

Gidday Mate:

Most thru hikers will tell you that Crampons are not needed, even in heavy
snow years, but an Ice Axe is needed even in light snow years.

Beware of weekenders giving thru-hiker advice, which is common here on the
list: their advice is suspect.

Now about your neck of the woods:

The author of the  PCT planning program ( http://www.pctplanner.com/ )is
heading down under your way for long bicycle ride.

Do you have any insight into long hikes in Oz? I'd like to go walkabout for
a bit, say 1600km or longer. Any ideas?

No worries
Brick