[pct-l] G'day I'm new to the list

Hi everyone

Have been enjoying the discussions so far.  I am planning on a thru-hike
this year and am counting down the days.  I have a few questions that I'm
hoping all you knowledgeable people may be able to answer.  For a start I am
from Australia, and finding out any info on the pct is all through the net.
So far I have read a fair few journals, LightningBolt - yours was especially
insightful, read some forums etc, so have a pretty good understanding of
conditions, what to expect.  With all this talk of snow i am starting to get
a little anxious. At the moment in sunny Adelaide, South Australia it is 90
degrees so it is hard to visualise snow/water content/ snow pillows yada
yada. If it does indeed turn out to be a big snow year, can anyone recommend
some good books, sites that I can look at for advice on how to use crampons.
There is no way for me to practise that stuff here. Also I am looking at a
lighter weight tarp. Any comparisons between the go-lite caves, dens vs the
Henry Shires tarptent?

Thanks heaps and look forward to meeting you all in a few months.

Renae

************South Australian Water Corporation disclaimer************

"This e-mail and any attachments to it may be confidential and/or subject to
legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient you may
not disclose or use the information contained in the message in any way. If
received in error please delete all copies and contact the sender by return
e-mail. No warranty is made that any attachments are free from viruses. It
is the recipient's responsibility to establish its own protection against
viruses and other damage."