[pct-l] More on old PCT Trees

Reading about old trees on the PCT sparked a memory of an old growth
forest in southern Lassen Park.  While I can't remember the kind of
tree, I do have a visceral memory of a feeling I've had only in the
northern california coast redwoods, of being in an "ancient forest."
These trees were 10 to 15 feet in diameter, 100'apart, with no
undergrowth, and no branches for at least 100' up the trunk.  I expected
Ents to appear.  The feeling was almost spooky.  Does anyone remember
what kind of trees these are?

Jeffrey Olson
laramie, WY