[pct-l] More on old PCT Trees

 My mistake on last post!! Charlie informed me the Baden -Powell trees are
Limber Pines and not Bristlecone Trees. The Limber Pines are a close cousin
of the bristlecone and are a few thousand years old themselves. Still very
impressive to be next to something alive and that old.  Charlie informed me
the Bristlecones are east of Owen's Valley in the White Mountains. White
Mountain itself is very close to the height of Mt. Whitney and at one time
was thought to be higher. Rumor back in the 70's was that military took large
artillery and " Blew" the amount of Mt. away to make it less than Whitney. (
Suppose they didn't want a bunch of climbers on Military land doing the "
Fifty states Fifty Highest Peaks" in their war games.  Thanks for catching my
mistake Charlie!