[pct-l] Cedar Grove

 Cedar grove is a nice side trip and could be used more to resupply. I went
down Bubbs creek in 77 to escape the hammering snows I got on Whitney. Myself
and 2 Canadians dropped through here and got a ride to some lakeshore small
resort town and went to a dance. Remember, this was the height of disco and
every other song was from the Bee gees. Needless to say, we were " Outcast"
on the dance floor with unwashed army wool pants, 4 pound vibram soled Vasque
boots and dreadlock hair. After being turndowned to dance about 4 times
apiece, we got a ride back to Cedar Grove and retreated back to camp. ( Where
we fit our resurrounding somewhat better) Had a great breakfast of ham and
eggs with real hashbrowns for 3.50 at the little store and back on the trail.
The trail down to Cedar Grove is very scenic and a worth while trip. Passed
several hikers who were up all night beating pans from the Vidette Meadows
Bear nightly assaults!! Strangely enough, I did not use Mammoth at all and
should have. My main goal was to reach the summit of Whitney though on this
leg of my trip and took all gear and food to do this. ( Also saw movie " Elk
of the Olympics" at the Cedar Grove campground)