From: Slyatpct@aol.com [mailto:Slyatpct@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 1:37 PM
To: pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Muir Trail Ranch

I stopped there, not because I had a food drop there, but because I met one
of the guys that worked there on the AT and he invited me.  They were kind
of
busy that day with their *customers* and I didn't stay for long, but when I
asked if they sold cigarettes, he scrounged me up a pack of Marlboros
(cowboys smoke them) and treated me to a couple glasses of wine.  Yahoo!

It (the wine) didn't make the steep trail back to the PCT any easier, but I
felt good about my visit.  I've also met others that dropped in and got
treated royally and some that stayed a few days with the owners permission
and had a great time.  Of course, your timing has to be right.

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---