[pct-l] Muir Trail Ranch

"Reynolds, WT" wrote:

> Muir Trail Ranch does NOT cater to hikers EXCEPT to provide food resupply
> [for a fee] and a limited store.

Thanks for making my point so well, Tom! I said...

<<they are much more interested in the dudes that come to the dude ranch to even
talk to a  hiker.>>

This is right off their webpage and it sounds alot friendlier than the average
hiker  experiences at MTR....

<<Also, if you forget to pack some essentials like matches, film, batteries or
the like, we have
    a small store where you can buy necessities. You can also buy postcards of
the area, or
                         maybe even a souvenir T-shirt.

    We can pick up mail sent to you in care of the ranch so your friends can
keep in touch
     with you during your hike. If you have mail to send out, we can do it for
you.>>

Myself and my friend were shown the gate and not the T-shirts or postcards!

[other] Tom in Sacramento, Ca