[pct-l] Bivy Sacked

I second Svein's comments (below) about the bivy/tarp combination.  I combine
a Standard OR bivy with a lightweight 35-degree bag and a tarp/poncho
shelter.  Only use the bivy when it gets really stormy or cold.  This
combination is a bit cold in the northern Cascades, but otherwise very
satisfactory for me.  In the high country, late season, it would be safer to
pack a 20-degree bag with the tarp/poncho and bivy.

In a message dated 1/8/02 12:11:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,