[pct-l] Barker Valley

I know this is kinda off topic.  I'm an avid backpacker and have come to
love SoCal in the last 8 months of living here.  I haven't had the
opportunity to hit the PCT yet, but spring time is just around the
corner, and so is my vacation!

What I'm looking for is some insight from those that may have hiked down
to the Barker Valley and down to the falls.  On the way down, you'll
cross over top of a stone-wall damn flanked by a two story "tower" of
sorts, one small window in the top, with nearly a smaller door at the
bottom.  I have found it impossible to explain to my 7 year old, who
discovered it for his first time over the past weekend, and am hurting
to maintain my "dignity".

Any thoughts?  What the heck is it?

Web site of a picture, if you've never seen it - and may still know what
it is?
http://members.home.net/tdraffen/camping/James%20and%20building.jpg

Yeah, it's tilted - haven't had time to edit from the weekend yet

Thanks for all the help
Patch