[pct-l] Shuttle @ Mexican border

Linda,

Check you my page http://crazy_old_scout.tripod.com.
I'm a section hiker myself.  I recently completed this section.  Yes Lake
Morena is the first access point.  I might be willing to shuttle you in
exchange for some other shuttles too. :)
I did my shuttle by hitching a ride a ride from some fellow campers in
exchange for helping them setup their camp.  You can also to the bus, but it
gets you to the trailhead a bit late, 9:30am and adds about 3 extra miles to
your hike.  Look at the topo map (journey 1 - topo map) on my page, it will
give you the exact terrain, roughly it is 2200 ft to 3500 ft.  temperature
wise it is comfortable about 70 in the day when I went in October.  I would
assume around April would be the same. It does get rather cold at the lake
at night.  I wouldn't recommend it in the summer, it could be VERY hot.
Assume NO WATER is available.  Hauser creek should have water in April, but
it could be dry.  You should bring at LEAST 4 liters of water, possibly 5.

Good luck to ya, and check my page for updates, as i complete some sections
too.

Ben
Crazy Old Scout

Linda said:

"I am interested in doing a long day hike/ or overnight from Mexican border
first access point, about 20 mi, I assume to Lake Moreno Campground. Am
looking
for ways to get shuttled to trail head on border, or back to my car
whereever
its parked. Is this something that you mentioned trail angels, Joe & Terri
Anderson would assist with? Any other suggestions for how to accomplish this
section hike? Most likely I won't be able to coordinate my trip w/big event
on
April 27th. What is the terrain like--how high elev does it get? What are
typical temps? When does it get too hot to hike this section? I will be
planning a trip to CA sometime next year, but don't think it will be before
4/30. Im looking to doing the PCT in section hikes. Prefer response to my
email
address--lindajagger@yahoo.com for I don't read digest every day"